Research Program Coordinator @ JHU-COACH
Division: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Department: Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Institution: The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- B.S., Psychology, Minor: Leadership and Social Change
- Virginia Tech (May 2020)
- B.S., Sociology and Criminology (Double Major), Minor: Peace Studies and Violence Prevention
- Virginia Tech, May 2020
Primarily, I am interested in the underlying mechanisms related to anxiety and obsessive-compulsive related disorders including emotion regulation, distress tolerance, and attentional biases. Relatedly, I am invested in identifying novel treatments, such as virtual reality and digital mental health apps, for anxiety and OCD, as well as disseminating evidence-based interventions to increase mental health treatment access.
- 2020 Virginia Tech Department of Psychology Outstanding Senior Award
- 2020 Virginia Tech Department of Psychology Research Excellence Award
- 2020 Virginia Tech Office of Undergraduate Research Excellence Award, Runner-Up
- 2019 Friends of Psychology Endowed Research Scholarship Recipient
- 2019 Virginia Tech Office of Undergraduate Research Travel Grant Recipient
- 2019 Fralin Undergraduate Research Fellowship Recipient
- Phi Beta Kappa, Academic Honor Society
- Omicron Delta Kappa, Leadership Honor Society
- Psi Chi, International Psychology Honor Society
- Alpha Kappa Delta, International Sociology Honor Society
- Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity
- Patrick, A.K., Ramsey, K.A., Essoe, J.K.-Y., McGuire, J.F. (Accepted). Clinical Considerations for an Evidence-Based Assessment for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Psychiatry Clinics.
- Essoe, J.K.-Y., Patrick, A.K., Reynolds, K., Schmidt, A., Ramsey, K.A., McGuire, J.F. (2022). Recent Advances in Psychotherapy with Virtual Reality: Closing the Research-to-Practice Gap. Advances in Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, 2(1), 79-93. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypsc.2022.04.001
Conference Posters and Presentations
Patrick, A.K., Ramsey, K.A., Essoe, J.K., McGuire, Joseph F. (2022) Identified Challenges and Innovative Solutions for Implementing Exposure with Response Prevention (ERP) Among Frontline OCD Therapists. Poster Presentation at the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies 56th Annual Convention, New York City, New York. (November 17)
Patrick, A.K., Honaker, M.G., Breaux, Rosanna, Ollendick, T.H. (2020) The Relation Between Emotion Regulation and Rule-Breaking Behavior in Youth with ADHD. Poster Presentation at the Dennis Dean Undergraduate Research and Creative Scholarship Conference, Blacksburg, VA. (Virtual, April 24)
Honaker, M.G., Patrick, A.K., Breaux, Rosanna, Ollendick, T.H. (2020) Impulsivity, Aggression, and Emotional Dysregulation as Correlates of Suicidal Ideation in Children and Adolescents. Poster Presentation at the Dennis Dean Undergraduate Research and Creative Scholarship Conference, Blacksburg, VA. (Virtual, April 23)
Patrick, A.K., Ryan, S.R., Ollendick, T.H. (2019) Sleep Difficulties in Youth with Specific Phobias: An Unexplored Yet Important Relationship. Poster Presentation at the Dennis Dean Undergraduate Research and Creative Scholarship Conference, Blacksburg, VA.
Patrick, A. K., Ryan, S.R., Ollendick, T.H. (2019) Temperament, Sluggish Cognitive Tempo, and Depression. Poster Presentation at the Anxiety and Depression Association of America 39th Annual Conference, Chicago, IL.
Patrick, A. K. (2018). Exploring Cultural Exchange and Service with Underrepresented Communities in Tanzania. Poster Presentation at the Virginia Tech Advancing the Human Condition Symposium, Blacksburg, VA.
Patrick, A. K. (2018). International Service Collaboration and Empowering Women Through Education. Poster Presentation at the Clinton Global Initiative: University Conference, Chicago, IL.
Patrick, A.K., McFayden, T.M., White, S.W., Ollendick, T.H. (2018). The Impact of Anxiety Symptomatology on the Validity of Intellectual Testing. Poster Presentation at Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology (JCCAP) Future Directions Forum, Washington, D.C.
Patrick, A. K. & Cuomo, T. (2018). Cultural Exchange with the Maasai Community Through Construction Collaboration. Oral Presentation at the Virginia Tech Experiential Learning Conference, Blacksburg, VA.
Patrick, A. K. (2018). Raft Crisis Hotline: The Need for More Adequate Mental Health Access. Panel Discussion Presentation at the Virginia Tech 30th Annual Undergraduate and Graduate Student Research Symposium, Blacksburg, Virginia.