The health, safety, and wellbeing of all of our participants and research staff are a top priority during these difficult times. Our team has put together a comprehensive plan to ensure all study procedures can be completed in accordance to state and federal guidelines. All changes have been reviewed by the Johns Hopkins Medicine Human Subjects Research Protocol Restart Committee (HSRPRC) and the Johns Hopkins University Institutional Review Board.
Listed below are some of the changes that we have implemented:
- Whenever possible, study visits and procedures now take place via HIPAA-compliant video conferencing software (e.g. Zoom)
- We have reduced the amount of staff present on site during in-person visits
- Our office and research equipment is regularly cleaned and sanitized in accordance with university and CDC guidelines
- All staff wear PPE (i.e. gloves, masks, face shields) during on-site visits and maintain a safe social distance whenever possible
- We ask that all participants wear facemasks for the duration of their study visits
- Participants are screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to in-person visits and have their temperature taken upon arrival to our lab
If you have any questions or concerns before visiting our lab related to safety and public health, please reach out to our study team at 443-327-9864 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.